| Meet Information
|| Sunday, Feb. 6
|| Haas Pavilion (Berkeley, Calif)
|| California (1-9)
| Live Stats
|| Click Here
• After a 10-day hiatus from competition, the Sacramento State gymnastics team returns to action against California on Sunday, Feb. 6. The meet against the Golden Bears will begin at 2 p.m. from Haas Pavilion.
• Sunday’s meet will also serve as a “Flip for the Cure” meet for Cal which will help raise awareness for cancer.
• The meet could also mark the final matchup between the two Northern California programs. Earlier this fall, Cal announced it would be eliminating five sports, including women’s gymnastics. However, a fund raising effort is currently under way which could reinstate the sports.
• The Golden Bears lead the all-time series, 15-7, but the Hornets have won the past two matchups.
• Sacramento State enters the contest with a 2-4 overall record following a loss at San Jose State on Jan. 28. The Hornets are currently ranked 55th nationally with a season average of 189.111.
• In the meet against San Jose State, Lissa Zamolo
tied for first on beam to record her first victory of the season.
• This week marks the fourth consecutive week that the Hornets have been away from home. The team last competed at The Nest on Jan. 7 and will not return until facing Utah State on Jan. 14.
• Cal is 43rd, averaing 191.531. The Golden Bears most recently defeated Alaska Anchrorage, 191.850-188.425, to earn their first win of the year. The team is now 1-9 on the season.
• Individually, sophomore Madisyn O’Brien owns the highest average on the team on vault (9.656), beam (9.775) and in the all-around (38.659).