BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Sacramento State's Kalliah McCartney scored 38.950 to place ninth in the all-around in the first semifinal of the NCAA Div. I Women's Gymnastics Championships on Friday.
McCartney, who was the first Hornet to appear at the national meet, opened her day by scoring 9.825 on floor which tied her for 28th in the event. She then scored 9.750 on vault, 9.700 on bars and 9.675 on beam.
Joanna Sampson of Michigan finished first in the all-around with a four-event total of 39.550. LSU's Rheagan Courville was second at 39.525 and Nicole Artz of Michigan was third at 39.375.
The meet completed McCartney's junior season in which she was the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation champion on vault and helped Sacramento State to the MPSF team title.
1. Joanna Sampson, Michigan, 39.550
2. Rheagan Courville, LSU, 39.525
3. Nicole Artz, Michigan, 39.375
T4. Madline Gardiner, Oregon State, 39.225
T4. Jessie Jordan, LSU, 39.225
T4. Kristina Vaculik, Stanford, 39.225
7. Moriah Martin, Denver, 39.200
8. Alicia Asturias, Cal, 39.150
9. Kalliah McCartney, SAC, 38.950
10. Chelsea Tang, Oregon State, 38.900
11. Lindsay Mable, Minnesota, 38.850
12. Gianna O'Connor, Illinois, 38.550