AGGIES, SEAWOLVES COME TO THE NEST FOR SENIOR NIGHT ON FRIDAY
Complete Version (PDF)
• The Sacramento State gymnastics team will host its final home meet of the season on Friday, March 7, when it welcomes UC Davis and Alaska Anchorage to The Nest for a 7 p.m. meet.
• A free video stream and live stats will be provided through hornetsports.com. The live video stream will primarily feature Sacramento State routines but will have other action when available.
• Following the meet, the Hornets will honor its six seniors who will be competing for the final time at home. The group is comprised of Elideth Guerrero, Kailey Hansen, Kaila Kilwein, Maddie Montoya, Katie Osaki and Ashley Wooff.
• Sacramento State most recently suffered a 195.100-193.650 loss at Utah State on Feb. 28. The Hornets scored a season high on beam (49.025) and saw Kalliah McCartney finish first on vault and beam.
• UC Davis jumped to 30th in the national rankings with a school record 196.425 in their final regular season home meet of the year. The Aggies have scored at least 194.225 in their last six meets.
• Sacramento State has won the last 29 meetings against Alaska Anchorage dating back to 1992. The Seawolves will face the team again at the MPSF Championships.
SENIOR SEND OFF
After Friday night's meet, Sacramento State will pay tribute to six seniors who have all been key contributors during their careers with the Hornets. Below is a quick look at each in alphabetical order.
Elideth Guerrero: Has been a consistent member of the beam lineup for the past four years…scored a career high 9.800 on beam at Cal State Fullerton as a freshman in 2011 where she won the event…has performed on all four events during her career.
Kailey Hansen: A three-time NCAA Regional qualifier, Hansen is poised to return a fourth time this season…after transferring from Washington following a redshirt season, she's been a steady member of the lineup on vault, beam and floor and has won 10 individual event titles.
Kaila Kilwein: The Maple Valley, Wash., native has anchored the bar lineup this season where she's scored a career high 9.825 and also finished first in a meet…has also competed on vault and floor during her four years with the team…has been in the lineup in every meet during her career.
Maddie Montoya: Has primarily competed on vault and floor during each season…set her career high on floor this year with a 9.775 at Cal…received a 9.800 on vault at the 2013 WAC Championships for her career best.
Katie Osaki: The local product from Elk Grove has been in the lineup during every meet in her four years…earned a victory on floor this season…career bests are 9.850 on floor and 9.825 on vault.
Ashley Wooff: Has been a bars specialist throughout her four seasons with the team…has been in the lineup in 20 meets and has a career high of 9.800 which came against Seattle Pacific.
VAULT DOES IT AGAIN
For the second time this season, the Hornets' vault team posted a score which ranks among the top 10 in school history. Most recently, the unit scored 49.025 which is the sixth best in the Sacramento State record book and is one of just eight above 49.000. At Utah State, the Hornets counted five scores of at least 9.700 and had four above 9.800. McCartney led the team, and won the meet, with a 9.875. She was followed by 9.825s from freshmen Jesse Williams and Julia Konner which tied the pair of second place. Hansen tied for fourth with a 9.800 and Osaki provided a 9.700. The school record for the event is 49.075 which came against Central Michigan, Seattle Pacific and UC Davis in 2012.
ADDING IT UP
Sacramento State has shown glimpses this season of its capabilities but has yet to put together a strong meet on all four events. The team has scored 49-plus on vault, beam and floor this year and has a high of 48.900 on bars. If you had up the highs for each event, the Hornets would score 196.050. Instead, Sacramento State has not had a meet this year where the team scored at least 48.500 on all four events. The closest came against San Jose State and Cal where the team scored a season best 194.900 which included a 48.450 on bars.
|PROBABLE SACRAMENTO STATE LINEUP|
|1. Tina Necas||1. Brennan Bailes||1. Kayla Wonderly||1. Katie Osaki||Jesse Williams|
|2. Katie Osaki||2. Ashley Wooff||2. Cassie Benning||2. Julia Konner|
|3. Julia Konner||3. Paige Bottano||3. Jesse Williams||3. Maddie Montoya|
|4. Jesse Williams||4. Jesse Williams||4. Elideth Guerrero||4. Jesse Williams|
|5. Kailey Hansen||5. Kalliah McCartney||5. Kalliah McCartney||5. Dallas Smith|
|6. Kalliah McCartney||6. Kaila Kilwein||6. Kailey Hansen||6. Kailey Hansen|
|ex. Maddie Montoya||ex. Kayla Wonderly||ex. Maddie Montoya||ex. Kaila Kilwein|
|ex. Kaila Kilwein|