SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The Sacramento State women's basketball team opens the 2019 Big Sky Conference Tournament for the second straight season with a 1:30 pm PT match up against Northern Arizona. The No. 9 seed, the Hornets take on the No. 9 Lumberjacks at CenturyLink Arena in Boise, Idaho. The winner advances to face the top-seeded Idaho Vandals on Tuesday at noon.
How To Watch
Sacramento State at Big Sky Conference Tournament
Monday, Mar. 11 - Friday, March 15
Game times will vary
CenturyLink Arena // Boise, Idaho
Watch and Listen: Pluto.TV, ch. 231
Live Stats: BigSkyStats.com
- Sacramento State finished the 2018-19 regular season with a 10-18 overall record and a 6-14 mark against the Big Sky. They were 5-9 when playing in the Nest and 3-8 on the road. They also finished 2-1 when playing on neutral courts.
- Junior guard Hannah Friend leads the Hornets in scoring this season, averaging 19.1 points per game. She has 535 total points this season, fifth-most in program single-season history and 10 more than her 525 points scored last season.
- Junior forward Kennedy Nicholas leads the Hornets in rebounding, averaging 11.0 boards per game, second most in the Big Sky. She is also pulling down 4.1 offensive rebounds per game, most in the Big Sky. Nicholas has 309 total rebounds this season, third most in single season history.
- Hannah Friend (19.1 points, 8.1 rebounds) and Kennedy Nicholas (13.1 points, 11.0 rebounds) are two of just three players in the Big Sky to rank among the top 10 in both scoring and rebounding.
- Sacramento State has participated in seven straight postseason tournaments with the Big Sky. All-time, the Hornets are 6-12 in Big Sky Tournament games. The team's last tournament win came against Southern Utah in 2015-16.
By the Numbers
40: Rebounds per game for the Hornets, most in the Big Sky and 60th in the nation.
4.9: Blocked shots per game for the Hornets, 2nd in the Big Sky and 25th most in the nation.
8.1: Made threes per game for the Hornets this season, 3rd in the Big Sky and 41st in the nation.
Sacramento State finishes the regular season as the No. 9 seed in the Big Sky Conference for the second straight season. They will go up against Northern Arizona on Monday, March 11 at 2:30 pm MT/1:30 pm PT in the tournament's first game. The winner of Monday's contest will take on the top-seeded Idaho Vandals on Tuesday at 12 pm MT/11 am PT.
The Tournament continues with games on Wednesday, March 13. Thursday is a scheduled off day with the championship game scheduled for Friday, March 15 at 12 pm MT/11am PT.
The Hornets enter the 2018-19 Big Sky Conference Tournament with a 6-12 all-time Big Sky tournament record. The team's last win came in the 2015-16 tournament, a convincing 102-89 win over Southern Utah.
Prior to that, the Hornets won a game in each of the 2014-15, 2012-13, and 2011-12 postseason tournaments. In three years playing the conference tournament in Reno, the Hornets were 1-3.
- For complete Women's Basketball Tournament Notes, CLICK HERE -