Full set of game notes (10 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Winners of five straight, and 10 of the last 11 games, Sacramento State (27-18, 8-3) will play its final three-game Big Sky Conference home series of the season vs. Portland State (16-26, 5-6). The Hornets and Vikings will play a doubleheader on Friday at noon, followed by a single game Saturday at noon.
• Free live video for all three games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233.
• Saturday is Senior Day, and Sacramento State seniors Nene Alas, Krystal Aubert, Savanna Corr, Sydney Rasmussen and Sydnee Strong will be honored prior to the game for their contributions to the program. Alas, Corr, Rasmussen and Strong are fourth-year seniors.
• Last week, the Hornets went 5-0 (all road games), including a doubleheader sweep of Saint Mary's, followed by a three-game series sweep of Northern Colorado.
• Sacramento State will be playing at home for the first time since sweeping a three-game series against Montana on April 6.
• The Hornets have won six straight conference games, which includes the sweeps of Montana and Northern Colorado. The team is 5-1 at home this year vs. Big Sky opposition.
• Portland State is 16-26 overall and 5-6 in conference play. The Vikings lost two close games on Tuesday at Oregon, and swept a three-game home series from Southern Utah over the weekend. Portland State is 3-10 on the road, and has lost seven straight on an opponent's home field.
• Only seven games remain in the regular season before Sacramento State hosts the Big Sky Tournament May 8-11 at Shea Stadium. The Hornets are hosting this year's postseason event after winning the conference's regular season and tournament titles a year ago.
• Weber State currently sits in first place in the Big Sky standings with a 12-1 league record while the Hornets are second with an 8-3 record. No other teams are within three games of the Hornets.
• Weber has three conference games left, and is idle this week. Sacramento State has six conference games remaining. The only way the Hornets clinch this year's Big Sky regular season title is if Weber State is swept at Portland State on May 3-4, and the Hornets go 5-1 over their final six league games...OR...Weber State goes 1-2, and the Hornets go 6-0.
• Sacramento State is 15-6 overall at home, and 5-1 in conference play. Dating back to the 2017 season, the Hornets have won 16 of their last 18 home games against Big Sky opposition.
• On Tuesday, senior Krystal Aubert was named both the National Player of the Week by USA Softball and Big Sky Player of the Week after putting together a monster week that included a home run in all three games of the Northern Colorado series. She has reached base safely in a program-record 10 consecutive plate appearances, and will bring that streak into Friday's Game 1 vs. the Vikings.
• Three different Hornets currently have five-game hitting streaks, including Nene Alas, Krystal Aubert and Suzy Brookshire. Aubert (13) and Brookshire (9) continue to rank first and second, respectively, in the Big Sky in home runs. Aubert's 13 homers are the third most in program history, trailing only Brookshire's totals from the 2018 (18) and 2017 (15) seasons.
• Outfielder Nene Alas, who leads the Hornets with a .370 batting average, continues to lead the Big Sky in both runs scored (37) and hits (54).
• Right fielder Brianna Bowers has posted three straight multiple-hit games, and has seven hits in her last 13 at-bats. The true freshman is now batting .471 vs. Big Sky opposition, and .354 overall.
• Suzy Brookshire has at least one RBI in five consecutive games and ranks second in the Big Sky with 34 RBIs, trailing only Krystal Aubert's league-leading 35 RBIs.
• Savanna Corr is 17-9 with a 2.27 ERA, and leads the Big Sky in wins, ERA, strikeouts (138) and opponents batting average (.186). With more win, 18 would tie for eighth in the Hornet Div. I era.
May 16, 2019 CORR AND AUBERT NAMED NFCA ALL-PACIFIC REGION
April 26, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR TO PORTLAND STATE
April 22, 2019 AUBERT NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
March 30, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR AT WEBER STATE
March 23, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS SERIES FINALE TO SOUTHERN UTAH, 4-2
March 15, 2019 SOFTBALL BEGINS THE CAPITAL CLASSIC WITH A PAIR OF WINS
March 14, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS AT HOME TO BUCKNELL, 1-0
March 12, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD TO UC DAVIS, 4-0
March 11, 2019 MEJIA AND CORR NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
February 28, 2019 WINNERS OF THREE STRAIGHT, SOFTBALL TO PLAY IN THE UC RIVERSIDE CLASSIC
February 25, 2019 CORR NAMED BIG SKY PITCHER OF THE WEEK AFTER SWEEP OF LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 23, 2019 SOFTBALL SWEEPS HOME DOUBLEHEADER OVER LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 19, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS THREE-GAME SERIES THIS WEEKEND VS LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 17, 2019 SOFTBALL LOSES LATE LEAD, FALLS TO CENTRAL FLORIDA, 6-5
February 16, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR ON THE SECOND DAY OF THE PV COLLEGE CHALLENGE
February 13, 2019 SOFTBALL TRAVELS TO PUERTO VALLARTA FOR FOUR GAMES STARTING ON FRIDAY
February 9, 2019 HUGE INNING PROPELS SOFTBALL TO 14-6 WIN OVER SANTA CLARA
February 8, 2019 SOFTBALL SPLITS TWO GAMES ON FIRST DAY OF THE NORCAL KICKOFF
February 6, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS SEASON-OPENING TOURNAMENT FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
November 16, 2018 SOFTBALL SIGNS BERTUCCIO, DAY AND ROBLES TO NATIONAL LETTERS OF INTENT
October 18, 2018 24 HOME GAMES HIGHLIGHT SOFTBALL’S 2019 SCHEDULE
September 10, 2018 MATTHIAS INVITED TO PLAY FOR THE CHINESE TAIPEI NATIONAL TEAM