Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
• Winners of seven of its last eight games, Sacramento State (24-18, 5-3) jumps back into Big Sky Conference action when the team plays a three-game series at Northern Colorado (11-30, 5-6).
• The Hornets and Bears will play a doubleheader on Friday at noon PDT, followed by a single game on Saturday at 11 a.m. PDT.
• Live stats will be offered for all three games, but there will be no video streams of any of the games.
• Sacramento State took a week off from conference play, and have gone 3-1 against non-league competition since their last Big Sky game on April 6 against Montana.
• The Hornets split a road doubleheader at Fresno State on April 10, and swept a road doubleheader at Saint Mary's on April 16.
• This week's series will wrap up a stretch of seven straight games on the road for Sacramento State.
• At the midway point of the conference season, the Hornets currently sit in second place with a 5-3 league record, trailing first-place Weber State (9-1). Northern Colorado is tied for third at 5-6.
• Northern Colorado has won five of its last seven games, including a three-game sweep of Idaho State at home two weeks ago. The Bears are 4-3 at home.
• Sacramento State is 7-5 when playing on an opponent's home field, including a 5-2 victory at 24th-ranked Stanford on April 2. The Hornets have won four of their last five road games.
• The Hornets are the reigning Big Sky regular season and tournament champions, and will host the Big Sky Tournament May 8-11. Every member of that 2018 team received their championship rings on April 6 in an on-field ceremony after a game against Montana.
• The Hornets' final nine conference games will come at Northern Colorado this week, home vs. Portland State (April 26-27), and at Idaho State on May 3-4. Sacramento State also has a non-league home game vs. UC Davis on April 30 for a total of 10 games remaining in the regular season.
• Sacramento State continues to lead the Big Sky with a 2.68 team ERA. The next closest in the conference in terms of team ERA is Idaho State at 4.17. Three of the top four individual ERA's are owned by Hornets - Savanna Corr (1st, 2.09), Danielle Sperry (3rd, 2.61) and Jensen Main (4th, 2.88).
• Corr leads the conference in ERA, opponents batting average (.181), strikeouts (125), wins (16) and shutouts (6). She is currently 16-9, and the 16 wins are tied for the 10th most in the Hornets' Div. I era (1990-pres.). One more win, and she would move into eighth on the single-season list.
• Nene Alas continues to have a monster season as she ranks first in the Big Sky in hits (50), walks (21) and runs scored (34). She ranks among the league's top 10 players in 12 different categories, including third in on-base percentage (.482) and fourth in batting average (.373).
• Freshman Brianna Bowers' 12-game hitting streak came to a close last week against Saint Mary's. The 12-game streak is the longest by a Hornet this season and tied for the 12th longest in Sacramento State's Div. I era (1990-pres.).
• The Hornets have four players hitting at least .400 in conference play, comprised of Brianna Bowers (.429), Sydnee Strong (.423), Krystal Aubert (.407) and Nene Alas (.400).
• Pitchers Savanna Corr (16-9, 2.09 ERA) or Danielle Sperry (7-2, 2.61 ERA) have earned the win in 23 of the Hornets' 24 victories this season.
• The powerful combination of Krystal Aubert (10) and Suzy Brookshire (8) continue to rank first and second, respectively, in the Big Sky in home runs. In addition, Brookshire's 29 RBIs are tied for first in the conference, and Aubert's 28 RBIs rank third. The 10 homers for Aubert are already tied for the fifth best single-season mark in school history. Brookshire owns the first (18 in 2018), second (15 in 2017), and eighth (8 this year) most home runs in Hornet single-season history.
May 16, 2019 CORR AND AUBERT NAMED NFCA ALL-PACIFIC REGION
April 26, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR TO PORTLAND STATE
April 22, 2019 AUBERT NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
March 30, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR AT WEBER STATE
March 23, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS SERIES FINALE TO SOUTHERN UTAH, 4-2
March 15, 2019 SOFTBALL BEGINS THE CAPITAL CLASSIC WITH A PAIR OF WINS
March 14, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS AT HOME TO BUCKNELL, 1-0
March 12, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD TO UC DAVIS, 4-0
March 11, 2019 MEJIA AND CORR NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
February 28, 2019 WINNERS OF THREE STRAIGHT, SOFTBALL TO PLAY IN THE UC RIVERSIDE CLASSIC
February 25, 2019 CORR NAMED BIG SKY PITCHER OF THE WEEK AFTER SWEEP OF LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 23, 2019 SOFTBALL SWEEPS HOME DOUBLEHEADER OVER LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 19, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS THREE-GAME SERIES THIS WEEKEND VS LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 17, 2019 SOFTBALL LOSES LATE LEAD, FALLS TO CENTRAL FLORIDA, 6-5
February 16, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR ON THE SECOND DAY OF THE PV COLLEGE CHALLENGE
February 13, 2019 SOFTBALL TRAVELS TO PUERTO VALLARTA FOR FOUR GAMES STARTING ON FRIDAY
February 9, 2019 HUGE INNING PROPELS SOFTBALL TO 14-6 WIN OVER SANTA CLARA
February 8, 2019 SOFTBALL SPLITS TWO GAMES ON FIRST DAY OF THE NORCAL KICKOFF
February 6, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS SEASON-OPENING TOURNAMENT FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
November 16, 2018 SOFTBALL SIGNS BERTUCCIO, DAY AND ROBLES TO NATIONAL LETTERS OF INTENT
October 18, 2018 24 HOME GAMES HIGHLIGHT SOFTBALL’S 2019 SCHEDULE
September 10, 2018 MATTHIAS INVITED TO PLAY FOR THE CHINESE TAIPEI NATIONAL TEAM