MENâ€™S TENNIS KNOCKS OFF UT ARLINGTON, 5-2
LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- Sacramento State’s Nos. 1-4 players Kiryl Harbatsiuk, Anton Stryhas, Artur Klimenka and Holden Ching, respectively, each posted singles victories to lead Sacramento State to a 5-2 victory over UT Arlington in a non-conference men’s tennis match Saturday afternoon at the NMSU Tennis Center.
With the victory, the Hornets, who were playing their third match in four days, improved to 5-4 this season. UT Arlington dropped to 4-6 with the loss.
Harbatsiuk (6-2, 6-3) and Stryhas (6-1, 6-0) won with relative ease while both Klimenka (1-6, 6-3, 6-4) and Ching (4-6, 6-2, 7-5) won in three straights. Harbatsiuk is now 7-2 this season at the No. 1 spot in the Hornets’ lineup while Stryhas improved to 8-1.
In doubles play, the Sacramento State tandems of Harbatsiuk/Stryhas (8-4) and Seven-David Rueff/Klimenka (9-7) were each victories to give the Hornets the doubles point. Harbatsiuk and Stryhas improved to 7-2 as a doubles team this year, all at the No. 1 spot.
Sacramento State concludes its five-day trip to New Mexico tomorrow when the team plays Utah at 9 a.m. in Las Cruces.
Sacramento State 5, UT Arlington 2
1. Kiryl Harbatsiuk (SACST) def. Dmitry Minkin (UTA-M) 6-2, 6-3
2. Anton Stryhas (SACST) def. David Costa (UTA-M) 6-1, 6-0
3. Artur Klimenka (SACST) def. Hugo Taracido (UTA-M) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
4. Holden Ching (SACST) def. Brieuc Hamon (UTA-M) 4-6, 6-2, 7-5
5. Gonzalo Bienzobas (UTA-M) def. Sven-David Rueff (SACST) 6-1, 7-5
6. Nishant Hari (UTA-M) def. Ronan Conlon (SACST) 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
1. Kiryl Harbatsiuk/Anton Stryhas (SACST) def. David Costa/Dmitry Minkin (UTA-M) 8-4
2. Sven-David Rueff/Artur Klimenka (SACST) def. Nishant Hari/Brieuc Hamon (UTA-M) 9-7
3. Gonzalo Bienzobas/Hugo Taracido (UTA-M) def. Holden Ching/Ronan Conlon (SACST) 8-3