Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
• Fresh off a convincing 70-55 home win over Southern Utah on Thursday, Sacramento State (13-10, 6-8) is back at home on Saturday vs. Northern Colorado (16-8, 9-4). Tip-off at the Nest is set for 7:05 p.m.
• The Hornets sit in a two-way tie for eighth place, but are just 1.5 games back of fourth place Southern Utah and Montana State who are each 7-6. With six regular season games left, the top five teams receive a bye in the first round of the Big Sky Tournament in Boise.
• Northern Colorado, fresh off an impressive 30-point road win at Northern Arizona on Thursday, are tied for second place in the conference standings.
• After losing a season-high four straight, Sacramento State has won its last two.
• The Hornets are 9-2 at home (5-2 against Big Sky opposition). The team had started the season 8-0 at home for just the second time in program history prior to falling to Eastern Washington and Idaho. The Hornets got back in the home win column vs. Southern Utah.
• Dating back to 2012, Sacramento State is 76-32 (.704 winning%) inside the Nest.
• The Hornets are 12-1 this season when scoring at least 60 points, and 1-9 when scoring under that mark. The team's 70 points against Southern Utah on Thursday marked the first time in nine games Sacramento State had reached the 70-point plateau.
• Sacramento State's defense remains the best in the Big Sky and third best in the nation allowing just 57.8 points per game on .398 shooting. That included limiting one of the Big Sky's top offenses - Southern Utah - to 55 points and 32% FG on Thursday.
• Northern Colorado has won four of its last five games, and is 5-5 on the road. That includes an impressive 4-2 road mark against Big Sky teams.
• The Bears lead the Big Sky with 10.5 made 3-pointers per game, and are the league's second best defense (62.5 ppg allowed) and third best offense (74.1 ppg).
• The Bears boast two of the Big Sky's top 10 scorers in senior guard Jonah Radebaugh (15.5 ppg, .410 3FG%) and sophomore guard Bodie Hume (14.8 ppg).
• Sacramento State is 7-18 all-time against Northern Colorado and has dropped three straight in the series.
• The Hornets are 5-7 when playing the Bears at home, including wins in four of the last six meetings inside the Nest.
• In the teams' first meeting of the season, Northern Colorado defeated the Hornets in Greeley by a 71-52 score. That was the Hornets' second most lopsided loss of the season.
• All Sacramento State home games, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto.TV. Those broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV (home games on channel 533) or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Every home game this year is broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 23rd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
February 21, 2020 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT IDAHO SATURDAY AFTERNOON
February 14, 2020 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS NORTHERN COLORADO ON SATURDAY AT 7 PM
January 27, 2020 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 17, 2020 MEN'S HOOPS TRAVELS TO SOUTHERN UTAH FOR SATURDAY MATINEE
January 16, 2020 WINNING STREAK SNAPPED, MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
December 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS 52-50 ROAD HEARTBREAKER AT MONTANA
December 29, 2019 GAME NOTES: MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY AT MONTANA ON MONDAY NIGHT
December 28, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS BIG SKY OPENER AT MONTANA STATE
December 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL OPENS BIG SKY PLAY SATURDAY AT MONTANA STATE
December 14, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS HEARTBREAKER ON THE ROAD AT SANTA CLARA, 60-58
December 3, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. UC MERCED AT 7 PM
December 3, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 5-1 AFTER 72-36 WIN OVER UC MERCED
November 30, 2019 LATE RUN PROPELS 21ST-RANKED COLORADO TO WIN OVER MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 27, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS LOOKS TO STAY UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT 21ST-RANKED COLORADO
November 26, 2019 PATTON NAMED BIG SKY MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
November 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT PEPPERDINE
November 20, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 61-51 WIN OVER UC DAVIS AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 18, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL SET FOR GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP WEDNESDAY VS. UC DAVIS
November 15, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 2-0 AFTER 62-49 WIN OVER UC RIVERSIDE
November 8, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL CRUSHES SIMPSON, 76-27, IN SEASON OPENER
October 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL BEATS WESTCLIFF, 88-60, IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
August 6, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2019-20 SCHEDULE