Full set of game notes - pdf
• Coming off its first loss of the season at 21st-ranked Colorado on Saturday, Sacramento State (4-1) will host UC Merced (6-2) on Tuesday evening inside the Nest at 7:05 p.m.
• The Hornets will play just twice at home during the entire month of December, with the other coming against Cal Poly on Dec. 18.
• Sacramento State trailed nationally ranked Colorado by five points with under four minutes to play before the Buffaloes closed on a 14-5 run over the final 3:42 of the contest.
• The Hornets are 2-0 at home this season, and 69-30 inside the Nest dating back to the beginning of the 2012-13 season.
• The Hornets' 4-1 record matches the team's best five-game start in the program's Div. I era (1991-pres.). It also marks the fifth time in the last eight years the team has started 4-1 as the 2018-19, 2015-16, 2014-15 and 2012-13 squads also accomplished the feat.
• Should the Hornets win.....the only teams in the Div. I era to begin a season 5-1 are the 2015-16, 2012-13 and 1999-00 squads. Dating back even further, in program history (1948-pres.), the 1988-89, 1987-88, 1985-86 and 1952-53 teams also started 5-1.
• Sacramento State has used a stingy defense to get off to its nice start, as four of the team's five opponents have scored under 60 points. The Hornets rank among the top 5 teams in the nation in three categories - 2nd in 3-point field goal percentage defense (.194), 3rd in field goal percentage defense (.341) and 4th in scoring defense (51.6 ppg).
• Sacramento State leads the Big Sky Conference in scoring defense, field goal percentage defense, 3-point field goal percentage defense and free throw percentage (.735).
• UC Merced, which is an NAIA institution that resides in the California Pacific Conference, is currently 6-2 after a 72-70 home win over Menlo on Tuesday.
• The Bobcats are averaging 69.8 points per game, and five different players average between 9.0 and 11.5 points per contest.
• Sacramento State is 2-0 all-time against UC Merced, including an 81-54 win during the 2016-17 season, and 96-62 during the 2012-13 season. Both of those games were at home. The last meeting came on Dec. 3, 2016, when Justin Strings had 25 points and Nick Hornsby 13 points and 15 rebounds in the Hornets' 81-54 win.
• Sacramento State has used the same five starters in every game, comprised of Brandon Davis and Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa at guard, Osi Nwachukwu and Ethan Esposito at forward, and Joshua Patton at center.
• All Sacramento State home games, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto.TV. Those broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV (home games on channel 533) or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Every home game this year is broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 23rd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
December 3, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. UC MERCED AT 7 PM
December 3, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 5-1 AFTER 72-36 WIN OVER UC MERCED
November 30, 2019 LATE RUN PROPELS 21ST-RANKED COLORADO TO WIN OVER MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 27, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS LOOKS TO STAY UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT 21ST-RANKED COLORADO
November 26, 2019 PATTON NAMED BIG SKY MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
November 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT PEPPERDINE
November 20, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 61-51 WIN OVER UC DAVIS AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 18, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL SET FOR GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP WEDNESDAY VS. UC DAVIS
November 15, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 2-0 AFTER 62-49 WIN OVER UC RIVERSIDE
November 8, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL CRUSHES SIMPSON, 76-27, IN SEASON OPENER
October 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL BEATS WESTCLIFF, 88-60, IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
August 6, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2019-20 SCHEDULE