Complete set of game notes (26 pages) - pdf
• It's the battle of two unbeaten teams as Sacramento State (4-0) will travel to Boulder to take on Colorado (5-0) on Saturday. Tip-off at the Coors Events Center is 6:05 p.m. PST.
• Sacramento State is coming off a 77-72 road win at Pepperdine last Saturday while Colorado knocked off Clemson, 71-67, on Tuesday night in Las Vegas.
• Colorado is currently ranked 21st in the Associated Press top 25 poll, and 24th in the USA Today Coaches poll. The Buffaloes return 13 players and all five starters from a team that won 23 games a year ago and reached the quarterfinal round of the NIT.
• The Hornets are off to a 4-0 start for just the third time in the program's Div. I era (1991-pres.) -- the 1999-00 and 2015-16 teams also accomplished the feat. No team in the history of Sacramento State basketball (1948-pres.) has ever started a year 5-0.
• The Hornets are 4-40 all-time against the Pac-12's current affiliates, but have won three games against the conference over the last 10 years.
• Sacramento State has used a stingy defense to get off to its nice start, as three of the team's four opponents have scored 51 points or less. The Hornets rank among the top 3 in the nation in three categories - 2nd in scoring defense (49.8 ppg) and field goal percentage defense (.319) and 3rd in 3-point field goal percentage defense (.190).
• Through the first three games, the Hornets' lone deficit was 2-0 early in the win over rival UC Davis before overcoming an 11-point halftime deficit to beat Pepperdine.
• Since joining the Div. I ranks in 1991, the Hornets have never defeated a nationally ranked opponent (0-14).
• Sacramento State leads the Big Sky Conference in scoring defense, field goal percentage defense and free throw percentage (.739), and ranks second in scoring margin (+19.2), rebounding margin (+11.0), blocked shots (4.0 bpg) and 3-point FG% defense.
• The Hornets and Colorado have played twice with the Buffaloes winning both times in blowout fashion in Boulder. That includes an 80-56 loss during the 1993-94 season, and a 90-53 loss on Nov. 11, 2016. In that game, both Justin Strings (12 pts, 10 reb) and Nick Hornsby (16 pts, 11 reb) had double-doubles for Sacramento State. That game also marked the 2016-17 season opener for both teams.
• Sacramento State has used the same five starters in every game, comprised of Brandon Davis and Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa at guard, Osi Nwachukwu and Ethan Esposito at forward, and Joshua Patton at center.
• The Hornets return 11 players (one redshirt), including four starters, from a year ago.
• Saturday's game at Colorado will be televised live on the Pac-12 Network and Pac-12 Mountain, and will be video streamed via pac-12.com/live. Thad Anderson (play-by-play) and Ben Braun (color commentary) will be on the call.
• All Sacramento State home games, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto.TV. Those broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV (home games on channel 533) or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• There will be no radio for Saturday's game. Every home game this year is broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 23rd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's complete set of game notes, click on the link above the story.
February 21, 2020 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT IDAHO SATURDAY AFTERNOON
February 14, 2020 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS NORTHERN COLORADO ON SATURDAY AT 7 PM
January 27, 2020 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 17, 2020 MEN'S HOOPS TRAVELS TO SOUTHERN UTAH FOR SATURDAY MATINEE
January 16, 2020 WINNING STREAK SNAPPED, MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
December 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS 52-50 ROAD HEARTBREAKER AT MONTANA
December 29, 2019 GAME NOTES: MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY AT MONTANA ON MONDAY NIGHT
December 28, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS BIG SKY OPENER AT MONTANA STATE
December 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL OPENS BIG SKY PLAY SATURDAY AT MONTANA STATE
December 14, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS HEARTBREAKER ON THE ROAD AT SANTA CLARA, 60-58
December 3, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. UC MERCED AT 7 PM
December 3, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 5-1 AFTER 72-36 WIN OVER UC MERCED
November 30, 2019 LATE RUN PROPELS 21ST-RANKED COLORADO TO WIN OVER MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 27, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS LOOKS TO STAY UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT 21ST-RANKED COLORADO
November 26, 2019 PATTON NAMED BIG SKY MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
November 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT PEPPERDINE
November 20, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 61-51 WIN OVER UC DAVIS AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 18, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL SET FOR GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP WEDNESDAY VS. UC DAVIS
November 15, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 2-0 AFTER 62-49 WIN OVER UC RIVERSIDE
November 8, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL CRUSHES SIMPSON, 76-27, IN SEASON OPENER
October 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL BEATS WESTCLIFF, 88-60, IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
August 6, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2019-20 SCHEDULE