Full set of game notes (27 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Fresh off a thrilling last-second 66-64 road win at Northern Arizona, Sacramento State (7-7, 1-4) will complete its brief road trip in a Saturday matinee at Southern Utah (8-7, 3-3). Tip-off at American First Event Center is set for 12:05 p.m. PST.
• On Thursday night, Joshua Patton capped off a 34-point evening with a six-foot jumper with 0.5 seconds remaining to deliver the two-point win at Northern Arizona. The 34 points are tied for the fourth most in the Hornets' Div. I era (1991-pres.).
• The win snapped a five-game losing streak as the Hornets, at one point, were 6-2 which matched their best eight-game start in program history (1948-pres.). It also snapped a six-game losing streak on the road in Big Sky play dating back to last year.
• Though the Hornets have dropped four of their first five conference games, Sacramento State could just as easily be 4-1 in league play. However, the Hornets had trouble in the late stages of the second half in three of their conference losses.
• Sacramento State led, 63-58, with 2:30 remaining vs. Northern Colorado, trailed, 69-67, with 4:00 left at Montana State, and held a 64-62 lead with 2:38 left vs. Idaho State.
• With 15 games remaining in the regular season, Sacramento State has already matched its win total from all of last season (7-25 overall, 4-14 in the Big Sky).
• Prior to last year's seven-win season, the Hornets had won at least 13 games five consecutive years, the first time that had happened in 43 years.
• Sacramento State's four conference losses have come against four of the top five teams in the Big Sky standings.
• Southern Utah, picked to finish last in both the Big Sky's preseason coaches and media polls, has played well this season. The Thunderbirds have won three straight, including an 83-69 home win over Portland State on Thursday night.
• The Thunderbirds are 5-2 at home this year, and 2-2 in conference play.
• Southern Utah has played in four games that have been decided by three points or less, or went into overtime, and the Thunderbirds are 4-0 in those outcomes.
• In a series that dates back to 1987, the Hornets are 13-16 vs. Southern Utah. However, Sacramento State has won six of the last eight meetings between the two teams.
• The Hornets are 3-11 when playing on the road against Southern Utah. That includes a 77-74 loss in Cedar City last year in which the Thunderbirds closed the final 3:48 on a 14-8 run.
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Saturday's game can be found on Pluto.TV, channel 236.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.