Full set of game notes (27 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Coming off a tough 72-70 home loss to Idaho State on Saturday, Sacramento State (6-7, 0-4) returns to action for a pair of Big Sky Conference road games this week.
• The brief road trip begins on Thursday when the Hornets take on Northern Arizona (4-11, 2-3). Tip-off at the Walkup Skydome is set for 5:35 p.m. PST.
• Though the Hornets are the lone team in the Big Sky without a conference win, Sacramento State could just as easily be 3-1 in league play. However, the Hornets have had trouble in the later stages of the second half in three of their conference losses.
• Sacramento State held a 63-58 lead with 2:30 remaining vs. Northern Colorado, trailed just, 69-67, with 4:00 left at Montana State, and held a 64-62 lead with 2:38 left this past Saturday vs. Idaho State.
• Sacramento State had been 6-2 prior to the current five-game losing streak. That 6-2 record tied for the best eight-game mark in program history (1948-pres.).
• The Hornets are trying to avoid their first 0-5 league start since the 2011-12 season.
• The Hornets remain just one victory shy of matching last season's injury-riddled win total when the team finished 7-25 overall and 4-14 in league.
• Prior to last year's seven-win season, the Hornets had won at least 13 games five consecutive years, the first time that had happened in 43 years.
• Sacramento State's four conference losses have come against four of the top five teams in the Big Sky standings. The Hornets' next four games will come against four of the bottom six teams in the league standings.
• Like the Hornets, Northern Arizona (4-11, 2-3) is one win away from matching its overall win total from a year ago when the Lumberjacks were 5-27, and 2-16 in league.
• The Lumberjacks will be playing at home for the first time since New Year's Eve, and are 2-2 at home. That includes a 74-68 win over Montana State.
• Sacramento State is 14-38 all-time against Northern Arizona, including a 3-22 record when playing the Lumberjacks in Flagstaff. The Hornets' 74-62 win at NAU during the 2016-17 season snapped an 11-game losing streak in Flagstaff.
• Last season, in the teams' only meeting, Sacramento State held a nine-point halftime lead in Flagstaff before NAU outscored the Hornets by a 40-26 margin on the way to a 58-53 Lumberjack victory. The Hornets missed each of their last five field goal attempts, did not score during the final 2:18, and watched NAU close the last minute on a 6-0 run.
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Thursday's game can be found on Pluto.TV, channel 239.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
March 2, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS IN SHOOTOUT AT IDAHO, 94-90
February 23, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS SHOOTING GOES COLD IN 65-57 ROAD LOSS AT PORTLAND STATE
February 20, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. WEBER STATE
February 16, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS AT HOME TO NORTHERN ARIZONA
February 14, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. SOUTHERN UTAH
February 11, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL NEVER TRAILS IN 78-67 HOME WIN OVER PORTLAND STATE
February 9, 2019 LATE SURGE DOOMS MEN’S HOOPS IN 65-59 ROAD LOSS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
February 1, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY NIGHT AT WEBER STATE
January 30, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT IDAHO STATE
January 25, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME SATURDAY NIGHT VS. EASTERN WASHINGTON
January 24, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS CRUISES TO 69-48 HOME WIN OVER IDAHO
January 23, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME; HOST IDAHO ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 18, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY ROAD MATINEE ON SATURDAY AT SOUTHERN UTAH
January 15, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BEGINS BRIEF ROAD TRIP THURSDAY AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 12, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS LAST SECOND HEART BREAKER TO IDAHO STATE, 72-70
January 10, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS NIGHT
January 4, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS GETS SET FOR SATURDAY MATINEE AT MONTANA STATE
December 27, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY ON SATURDAY AT HOME VS NORTHERN COLORADO
December 21, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL LEADS AT HALFTIME, BUT EVENTUALLY FALLS AT WASHINGTON
December 19, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TRAVELS TO WASHINGTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAME AT 6 PM
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN