Full set of game notes (26 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Winners of three of the last four games, Sacramento State (6-2) will play its final non-conference game of the season on Friday evening at Washington (7-4). Tip-off at Alaska Airlines Arena is set for 6:05 p.m.
• Friday night will mark the Hornets' first game in eight days.
• The Hornets' 6-2 record marks just the second time the team has won six of its first eight games in the Div. I era (1991-pres.). The 2015-16 team also began the year 6-2. In fact, only five Hornet teams in school history (1948-pres.) have started the year with a 6-2 record, including the 1988-89, 1987-88 and 1985-86 squads.
• No Hornet squad has ever began a season 8-0 or 7-1.
• Should the Hornets win on Friday night, the team would improve to 7-2 for just the second time in school history. The only team to accomplish the feat was the 1987-88 squad which is the last Hornet team to qualify for the NCAA Tournament. Sacramento State was a Div. II program at that time.
• Regardless of Friday's outcome, the Hornets will enter the 20-game Big Sky schedule with their best non-conference winning percentage since joining the league in 1996.
• The Hornets are just 4-39 all-time against the Pac-12's current affiliates, and three of those wins have come since 2009.
• Sacramento State is 1-2 on the road this season, which includes an 88-68 win at Cal State Northridge on Dec. 1.
• Washington, which was selected third in the Pac-12 preseason media poll, is coming off a 73-61 loss at Virginia Tech on Saturday.
• The Huskies are 5-0 at home this season, which includes wins over UC Santa Barbara, Eastern Washington, Seattle, San Diego and Western Kentucky.
• The Hornets and Huskies have played just twice, and Washington won both of those meetings in Seattle. The two teams have never faced each other in Sacramento. The last meeting was an 83-74 Washington win on Nov. 19, 2006.
• In that game, Washington was ranked 17th in the nation at the time, and the Hornets led by 13 points (29-16) midway through the first half. However, the Huskies closed the first half on a 32-9 run and cruised from there. Future NBA player Spencer Hawes had 14 points (7-for-7 shooting) and six blocks. Box score is on page 10 of the notes.
• Friday's game will be televised live on the Pac-12 Network's Washington channel with play-by-play man Greg Heister and color analyst Eldridge Recasner on the call.
• The game can also be found online at www.pac-12.com/live.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• All Sacramento State home games inside the Nest, and road games played vs. a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto TV. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
March 2, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS IN SHOOTOUT AT IDAHO, 94-90
February 23, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS SHOOTING GOES COLD IN 65-57 ROAD LOSS AT PORTLAND STATE
February 20, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. WEBER STATE
February 16, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS AT HOME TO NORTHERN ARIZONA
February 14, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. SOUTHERN UTAH
February 11, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL NEVER TRAILS IN 78-67 HOME WIN OVER PORTLAND STATE
February 9, 2019 LATE SURGE DOOMS MEN’S HOOPS IN 65-59 ROAD LOSS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
February 1, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY NIGHT AT WEBER STATE
January 30, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT IDAHO STATE
January 25, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME SATURDAY NIGHT VS. EASTERN WASHINGTON
January 24, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS CRUISES TO 69-48 HOME WIN OVER IDAHO
January 23, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME; HOST IDAHO ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 18, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY ROAD MATINEE ON SATURDAY AT SOUTHERN UTAH
January 15, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BEGINS BRIEF ROAD TRIP THURSDAY AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 12, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS LAST SECOND HEART BREAKER TO IDAHO STATE, 72-70
January 10, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS NIGHT
January 4, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS GETS SET FOR SATURDAY MATINEE AT MONTANA STATE
December 27, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY ON SATURDAY AT HOME VS NORTHERN COLORADO
December 21, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL LEADS AT HALFTIME, BUT EVENTUALLY FALLS AT WASHINGTON
December 19, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TRAVELS TO WASHINGTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAME AT 6 PM
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN