Full set of game notes (26 pages) - pdf
• Winners of its first two games, Sacramento State (2-0) will host Cal State Fullerton (2-4) on Saturday night at the Nest at 7:05 p.m.
• The Hornets have won their first two games for the first time in three years, and will look to start 3-0 for the first time since the 2015-16 team began the year 4-0.
• Saturday should have been the Hornets' fourth game, but their matchup on Nov. 16 vs. Cal Poly was postponed due to poor air quality from the Camp Fire. Both teams will atempt to make up that game later this season.
• Sacramento Sate has limited both opponents thus far to 55 points or less in victories over Simpson (76-52) and UC Davis (58-55).
• Cal State Fullerton will enter Saturday's game with a 2-4 record, but the team has endured a brutal schedule that includes games away from home against Arizona State, Central Florida and Hofstra. The Titans lost in double overtime at Arizona State.
• In a series that dates back to 1960, Sacramento State is 7-7 all-time against Cal State Fullerton, including a 68-63 loss last year in Fullerton at the Wooden Legacy. That game featured 11 ties and eight lead changes, and neither team led by more than nine points the entire way.
• The Hornets are 4-1 when playing the Titans at home, including a 73-59 win at the Nest in 2014. Fullerton's only road win over the Hornets came on Dec. 21, 2002.
• Sacramento State's strength thus far has been its defense, as it currently leads the Big Sky Conference in scoring defense (53.5 ppg), field goal percentage defense (.345), 3-point field goal defense (.270), blocks (7.0 bpg) and steals (12.5 spg).
• The Hornets are coming off an injury plagued 2017-18 season in which the team finished 7-25 overall and 4-14 in the Big Sky Conference. The Hornets had won at least 13 games five consecutive seasons until the seven-win output a year ago.
• The Hornets welcome back eight players and a redshirt from a year ago, including three starters. That includes six of the top eight scorers from last season.
• Add in Marcus Graves, who is back after averaging 13.9 points in 2016-17, and Sacramento State should have lots of fire power this season. Graves missed all of last season after undergoing back surgery.
• Cal State Fullerton is coming off a season in which it won 20 games (20-12), won the Big West Tournament and advanced to the NCAA Tournament where it lost to Purdue in the first round. The Titans won all three of their games in the Big West Tournament, including a 55-52 victory over UC Davis in the semifinals.
• All Sacramento State home games inside the Nest, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto TV and WatchBigSky.com. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device. Home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN