Full set of game notes (27 pages) - pdf
To purchase tickets (all General Admission seating)
• Sacramento State will play its second game of the season when the Hornets host UC Davis in the annual rivalry game at the Golden 1 Center in downtown Sacramento. This will mark the third straight year the teams have played at the Golden 1 Center.
• The Hornets, who had a home game against Cal Poly last Friday canceled because of poor air quality from the Camp Fire, will enter the game with a 1-0 record. The team has not played since beating Simpson, 76-52, in the season opener on Nov. 9.
• UC Davis is 1-4, and played two games in Arlington over the weekend.
• The Hornets and Aggies will play each other for the 117th time in the long standing rivalry between the two teams. The two programs entered into an agreement that will see Sacramento State and UC Davis play one another four straight years at the Golden 1 Center. This is the third year of that four-year agreement.
• Three of the last five meetings have been decided by six points or less.
• Since becoming Sacramento State head coach in 2008, Brian Katz is 5-5 vs. UC Davis, and 3-4 against Jim Les coached Aggie squads.
• The Aggies have won both meetings in the Golden 1 Center.
• The 116 meetings between the two teams is the longest standing rivalry for Sacramento State against any opponent since the first season of Hornet hoops in 1948-49.
• Overall, the Hornets have the better of UC Davis in a series which dates back to 1948 as Sacramento State is 66-50 all-time against the Aggies.
• Tuesday's game is officially a neutral site game, but Sacramento State will serve as the home team. UC Davis was listed as the home team in last year's contest.
• A win would allow the Hornets to start 2-0 for just the second time in the last five years - the 2015-16 team started with a 4-0 record.
• Sacramento State played one exhibition game, and that came on Nov. 2 in a 103-55 home win over Bethesda. Seven different Hornets scored in double figures, including all five starters. No Hornet played more than 22 minutes.
• The Hornets are coming off an injury plagued 2017-18 season in which the team finished 7-25 overall and 4-14 in the Big Sky Conference. The Hornets had won at least 13 games five consecutive seasons until the seven-win output a year ago.
• The Hornets welcome back eight players and a redshirt from a year ago, including three starters. That includes six of the top eight scorers from last season.
• Add in Marcus Graves, who is back after averaging 13.9 points in 2016-17, and Sacramento State should have lots of fire power this season. Graves missed all of last season after undergoing back surgery.
• UC Davis has played a tough schedule thus far that has resulted in losses to San Francisco, San Diego, Arkansas and UT Arlington. Each of those losses came by at least nine points. The team's win came in overtime (57-54) against Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
• There will be no video stream available for Tuesday's game at the Golden 1 Center.
• All Sacramento State home games inside the Nest, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto TV and WatchBigSky.com. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device. Home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN