SACRAMENTO -- Colberg Court inside the Nest has undergone a redesign that will give Sacramento State men's and women's basketball games a fresh look for the 2018-19 season.
The floor, which was completely sanded, features a lighter finish on the hardwood, and a much larger use of Sacramento State's primary color logo at midcourt. Other changes compared to the previous design include the following:
• SACRAMENTO STATE is now written across both baselines. Previous design had HORNETS on each end.
• Ghost lines for volleyball and basketball practice courts that stretch from sideline to sideline.
• Big Sky Conference logos are now located inside the keys. Before, they were displayed closer to the sidelines.
• #StingersUp is now displayed prominently on one sideline.
• The usage of gold is used much more than the previous design.
• New placement of COLBERG COURT on one sideline.
• HORNETSPORTS.COM added to one sideline.
"The resurfacing project was initially identified because of the safety concerns of the floor for the student-athletes during practice and competition," Sacramento State Associate Athletics Director Markus Jennings said. "We took the opportunity to redesign, and bring a little more life to the Nest. The student-athletes are excited how the new floor looks, and hopefully the fans will appreciate it as well."
Below are photos of the newly designed floor compared to how the old floor design used to look. For a photo gallery, please click here.
NEW FLOOR DESIGN
PREVIOUS FLOOR DESIGN