Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
Big Sky Tournament Central
• Sacramento State (6-24, 3-14) will play its final game of the regular season on Saturday vs. Northern Colorado (20-10, 11-6). Tip-off at the Nest is set for 7:05 p.m.
• Prior to the game, Hornet seniors Justin Strings and James Herrick will be honored for their contributions to the program. Sacramento State's third senior, Jiday Ugbaja, will take a redshirt this season after playing just six games because of injury.
• The injury ravaged Hornets have dropped nine straight games, with four of the last six losses coming by five points or less.
• The Hornets are currently playing without four injured guards, three of which have been ruled out for the season - seniors Marcus Graves (back) and Jiday Ugbaja (shin), and junior Jeff Wu (calf). Graves has missed the entire season, Ugbaja has missed 24 games, and Wu has missed the last five games. Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa re-aggravated a back injury in Thursday's game vs. North Dakota and played just 11 minutes, missing the entire second half. He sat out the Southern Utah game last Saturday with the same injury.
• The Hornets currently find themselves in 11th place in the 12-team Big Sky Conference, one game ahead of Northern Arizona (2-15). Sacramento State will get the No. 11 seed at next week's Big Sky Tournament with a win on Saturday or an NAU loss (at Eastern Wash.).
• Should Sacramento State get the 11 seed, the Hornets would play in the first round of the Big Sky Tournament in Reno on Tuesday night vs. the No. 6 seed (either Idaho State or Portland State). If the Hornets finish as the 12 seed, they would play No. 5 seed Northern Colorado on Tuesday at 2:35 p.m. All 12 teams in the Big Sky qualify for the event.
• Sacramento State's last win came on the road at Portland State on Jan. 27. The team's current nine-game losing streak is the longest since dropping nine straight during the 2011-12 season. The Hornets are looking to avoid their first 10-game losing streak since the 2008-09 season.
• Sacramento State has also lost five straight on the home floor and is 5-7 inside the Nest, a rarity for a program that is 57-25 at home dating back to the 2012-13 season. Sacramento State is 2-6 at home against conference teams.
• The Hornets are trying to avoid their first season without at least 10 overall wins since the 2010-11 squad finished with a 7-21 record. Prior to this year, Sacramento State had won at least 13 games five consecutive years.
• Saturday will mark the only meeting of the regular season against Northern Colorado. The Bears have won four straight and six of seven after Thursday's 85-78 win at Portland State. Northern Colorado has already locked up the No. 5 seed for the Big Sky Tourney.
• Sacramento State is 6-15 all-time against Northern Colorado and has lost three straight in the series. That includes a 3-6 record when the two teams play at the Nest.
• Northern Colorado boasts the Big Sky's leading scorer, Andre Spight, who averages 21.8 points per game. The 6-foot-3, 170-pound guard is a senior transfer from Arizona State.
• Free video streams will be provided for every game (home or away) the rest of the season at www.WatchBigSky.com.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on KTKZ 1380 AM The Answer with 21st-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Fans outside the Sacramento area can listen to all games via www.hornetsports.com. The game can be found by clicking here.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's complete set of game notes, please click here.
February 21, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL BEGINS FINAL REGULAR SEASON ROAD TRIP THURSDAT AT NAU
February 17, 2018 STRINGS ACHIEVES HUGE MILESTONE; MEN’S HOOPS FALLS TO WEBER STATE
February 16, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS WEBER STATE ON SATURDAY FOR WHITEOUT THE NEST
February 9, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT MONTANA ON SATURDAY NIGHT
February 7, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS FOR SERIES SWEEP OF MONTANA STATE ON THURSDAY
February 3, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT HOME TO IDAHO
February 2, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IDAHO ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 26, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT PORTLAND STATE
January 20, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS SECOND GAME OF ROAD TRIP TO IDAHO STATE
January 19, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY NIGHT
January 18, 2018 LATE RUN DOOMS MEN’S BASKETBALL IN LOSS TO WEBER STATE
January 17, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT WEBER STATE
January 12, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO HOST MONTANA STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS DAY
January 11, 2018 MONTANA USES BIG SECOND HALF TO BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL, 78-66
January 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK IN THE NEST ON THURSDAY VS. MONTANA AT 7 P.M.
January 3, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS FIRST BIG SKY ROAD GAME THURSDAY AT IDAHO
January 2, 2018 STRINGS RECEIVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK ACCOLADES
January 1, 2018 STRINGS NAMED THE NATIONAL MID-MAJOR PLAYER OF THE WEEK
December 29, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY AT HOME SATURDAY VS. PORTLAND STATE
December 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT HOME TO UC SANTA BARBARA, 82-72
December 22, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS UC SANTA BARBARA ON SATURDAY IN FINAL NON-LEAGUE GAME
December 21, 2017 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS TO PORTLAND, 80-75, IN GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP
December 20, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS PORTLAND AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER ON THURSDAY AT 5:30 PM
December 18, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY VS. CSUN
December 9, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT BOISE STATE
December 3, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO PLAY SAINT MARY'S ON THE ROAD MONDAY NIGHT
November 24, 2017 BACK AND FORTH GAME GOES FULLERTON’S WAY IN 68-63 WIN OVER MEN’S HOOPS
November 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS FIRST ROUND WOODEN LEGACY GAME TO SAN DIEGO STATE
November 21, 2017 UC DAVIS USES LATE RUN TO EVENTUALLY BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 20, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYS UC DAVIS ON TUESDAY AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 16, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL BACK ON THE ROAD FRIDAY NIGHT AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 8, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL SIGNS DAMIEN HIGH SCHOOL GUARD ELIJAH McCULLOUGH
November 7, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS REGULAR SEASON FRIDAY AT COLORADO STATE
October 23, 2017 GRAVES OUT FOR THE SEASON WITH INJURY
October 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2017-18 SCHEDULE
September 18, 2017 BOISE’S CENTURYLINK ARENA TO HOST BIG SKY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT FROM 2019-22
August 24, 2017 HORNSBY SIGNS CONTRACT TO PLAY PROFESSIONALLY IN GERMANY