Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
• Sacramento State (6-22, 3-12) will play its final road game of the regular season on Saturday afternoon when the Hornets travel to Cedar City to take on Southern Utah (10-16, 4-11). Tip-off at the America First Event Center is set for 11:35 a.m. PST.
• With just three games left in the regular season (two at home next week), Sacramento State is currently in 11th place in the 12-team Big Sky Conference standings, one game behind Southern Utah. Should the Hornets beat the Thunderbirds on Saturday, the Hornets would take over the 10th spot in the standings.
• The Big Sky Tournament in Reno is less than two weeks away as all 12 teams in the conference qualify for the postseason event on March 6-10.
• If the season ended today, the Hornets would be the No. 11 seed and take on No. 6 Idaho State on Tuesday, March 6, at 8:05 p.m. Southern Utah would face Portland State in the first round on March 6 at 5:35 p.m.
• Sacramento State has dropped seven straight games, including Thursday's 58-53 loss at Northern Arizona. Southern Utah has dropped three in a row, which includes a 96-91 overtime home loss to Portland State on Thursday.
• Sacramento State's last win came on the road at Portland State on Jan. 27. That remains the Hornets' lone win on an opponent's home floor this season (1-12). Since that time, the Hornets have yet to win, going 0-7 during the month of February.
• Southern Utah is 8-5 at home, including a 3-5 mark against Big Sky foes.
• The Hornets are currently playing without three injured guards who are out for the season - seniors Marcus Graves (back) and Jiday Ugbaja (leg) as well as junior Jeff Wu (leg). Graves has missed the entire season, Ugbaja has missed 22 games, and Wu has missed the last three games. All three were expected to be big parts of this year's rotation, especially Graves who had started 62 straight games.
• Sacramento State's seven-game losing streak is the program's longest since dropping nine straight during the 2011-12 season.
• The Hornets are trying to avoid their first season without at least 10 overall wins since the 2010-11 squad finished with a 7-21 record. Prior to this year, Sacramento State had won at least 13 games five consecutive years.
• Sacramento State has not played Southern Utah this season, and this will be the only regular season meeting between the two teams in the Big Sky's unbalanced schedule.
• In a series which dates back to 1987, the Hornets are 13-15 vs. Southern Utah. However, Sacramento State has won three straight, and six of the last seven meetings.
• The Hornets are 3-10 when playing on the road against Southern Utah.
• Prior to Saturday's game, Southern Utah will honor their three seniors Jamal Aytes, James McGee and Christian Musoko.
• Free video streams will be provided for every game (home or away) the rest of the season at www.WatchBigSky.com.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on KTKZ 1380 AM The Answer with 21st-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Fans outside the Sacramento area can listen to all games via www.hornetsports.com. The game can be found by clicking here.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's full set of game notes, please click here.