Full set of game notes (26 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• With just eight games remaining on the regular season schedule, the Hornets (6-17, 3-7) will make their first of two remaining road trips when they travel to the Montana schools this week. The first game of the trip will be Thursday at Montana State (12-12, 5-6). Tip-off at Worthington Arena is set for 6:05 p.m. PST.
• The Hornets are coming off a rough homestand that saw the team lose to Eastern Washington (74-53) and Idaho (81-58).
• That marked just the second time in six years Sacramento State had lost both games of a Big Sky weekly homestand.
• The Hornets will now turn their attention to the road, a place that has not been kind. Sacramento State did win its last road game (71-61 at Portland State on Jan. 27), but the team is 1-9 on the road, including 1-4 against Big Sky opposition.
• The Hornets are currently in ninth place in the 12-team Big Sky, sitting a half game ahead of Southern Utah and North Dakota, who are both 3-8.
• After trending upward for more than two months, Sacramento State's offense took a step backwards last week, averaging just 56.0 points in two games.
• The Hornets have played all season without the services of a major piece of their back court in guard Marcus Graves (back surgery) who had started 62 straight games entering the season. In addition, senior guard Jiday Ugbaja has played just six games this season, and is currently out indefinitely with a leg injury.
• Sacramento State will now turn its attention to a Montana State team that has lost six of its last seven games after beginning the conference season with a 4-0 record. Of those six losses, four have come by at least 15 points.
• One of those Bobcats losses came against the Hornets as Sacramento State defeated MSU, 87-68, on Jan. 13. The 19-point margin of victory was the Hornets' largest of the season against a Div. I opponent.
• Montana State has just one win in the last month, and that came in a 69-66 home victory over Southern Utah on Jan. 27.
• Montana State is 7-3 at home, and 3-2 against Big Sky opposition.
• Sacramento State owns a 19-31 all-time record against Montana State, including a 5-20 mark in Bozeman. The Hornets have lost five straight in Bozeman, but three of those losses came by seven points or less. Sacramento State's last win in Bozeman came in a 74-71 victory during the 2010-11 season.
• Free video streams will be provided for every game (home or away) the rest of the season at www.WatchBigSky.com.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on KTKZ 1380 AM The Answer with 21st-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Fans outside the Sacramento area can listen to all games via www.hornetsports.com. The game can be found by clicking here.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's complete set of game notes, please click here.
February 21, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL BEGINS FINAL REGULAR SEASON ROAD TRIP THURSDAT AT NAU
February 17, 2018 STRINGS ACHIEVES HUGE MILESTONE; MEN’S HOOPS FALLS TO WEBER STATE
February 16, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS WEBER STATE ON SATURDAY FOR WHITEOUT THE NEST
February 9, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT MONTANA ON SATURDAY NIGHT
February 7, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS FOR SERIES SWEEP OF MONTANA STATE ON THURSDAY
February 3, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT HOME TO IDAHO
February 2, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS IDAHO ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 26, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT PORTLAND STATE
January 20, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS SECOND GAME OF ROAD TRIP TO IDAHO STATE
January 19, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS AT IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY NIGHT
January 18, 2018 LATE RUN DOOMS MEN’S BASKETBALL IN LOSS TO WEBER STATE
January 17, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT WEBER STATE
January 12, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO HOST MONTANA STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS DAY
January 11, 2018 MONTANA USES BIG SECOND HALF TO BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL, 78-66
January 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK IN THE NEST ON THURSDAY VS. MONTANA AT 7 P.M.
January 3, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS FIRST BIG SKY ROAD GAME THURSDAY AT IDAHO
January 2, 2018 STRINGS RECEIVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK ACCOLADES
January 1, 2018 STRINGS NAMED THE NATIONAL MID-MAJOR PLAYER OF THE WEEK
December 29, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY AT HOME SATURDAY VS. PORTLAND STATE
December 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT HOME TO UC SANTA BARBARA, 82-72
December 22, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS UC SANTA BARBARA ON SATURDAY IN FINAL NON-LEAGUE GAME
December 21, 2017 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS TO PORTLAND, 80-75, IN GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP
December 20, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS PORTLAND AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER ON THURSDAY AT 5:30 PM
December 18, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY VS. CSUN
December 9, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT BOISE STATE
December 3, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO PLAY SAINT MARY'S ON THE ROAD MONDAY NIGHT
November 24, 2017 BACK AND FORTH GAME GOES FULLERTON’S WAY IN 68-63 WIN OVER MEN’S HOOPS
November 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS FIRST ROUND WOODEN LEGACY GAME TO SAN DIEGO STATE
November 21, 2017 UC DAVIS USES LATE RUN TO EVENTUALLY BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 20, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYS UC DAVIS ON TUESDAY AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 16, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL BACK ON THE ROAD FRIDAY NIGHT AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 8, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL SIGNS DAMIEN HIGH SCHOOL GUARD ELIJAH McCULLOUGH
November 7, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS REGULAR SEASON FRIDAY AT COLORADO STATE
October 23, 2017 GRAVES OUT FOR THE SEASON WITH INJURY
October 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2017-18 SCHEDULE
September 18, 2017 BOISE’S CENTURYLINK ARENA TO HOST BIG SKY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT FROM 2019-22
August 24, 2017 HORNSBY SIGNS CONTRACT TO PLAY PROFESSIONALLY IN GERMANY