Full set of game notes (pdf)
• Sacramento State (1-2) and UC Davis (2-1) will play each other for the 116th time in the long standing rivalry between the two teams on Tuesday at 7:05 p.m.
• For the second straight year, the two teams will matchup at the Golden 1 Center in downtown Sacramento. Last season, the teams hooked up in the first collegiate game ever played at the new facility which resulted in an 81-72 Aggie victory.
• This season marks the second game in an agreement that will see Sacramento State and UC Davis play each other at the Golden 1 Center four consecutive years.
• Tuesday will mark the first of two games at the Golden 1 Center this season for the Hornets. Sacramento State will play Portland at Golden 1 on Dec. 6 as part of a doubleheader that will see Stanford taking on Kansas in the nightcap.
• Three of the last four meetings between Sacramento State and UC Davis have been decided by six points or less.
• Since becoming Sacramento State head coach in 2008, Brian Katz is 5-4 vs. UC Davis, and 3-3 against Jim Les coached Aggie squads.
• The 115 meetings between the two teams is the longest stranding rivalry for Sacramento State against any opponent since the first season of Hornet hoops in 1948-49.
• Overall, the Hornets have ownership of UC Davis in a series which dates back to 1948 as Sacramento State is 66-49 all-time against the Aggies.
• Tuesday's game is officially a neutral site game, but UC Davis will serve as the home team. Sacramento State was listed as the home team in last year's contest.
• The Hornets are in the midst of a stretch that will see the team play seven of its first eight games away from the Nest. That includes the Wooden Legacy later this week, an eight-team tournament that will see Sacramento State play three times over four days beginning on Thanksgiving night at 10 p.m. vs. San Diego State on ESPNU. All three Hornets games during the tournament will be broadcast on an ESPN platform channel.
• Sacramento State has won its lone home game, and lost both its games on the road. Tuesday will mark the first of potentially four straight neutral site contests.
• UC Davis has played three straight road games to start the year, including wins over Northern Colorado (74-59) and Pacific (62-58) and a loss to Utah Valley (80-71).
• The Hornets welcome back eight players from a year ago, including three starters. However, one of those starters (senior guard and co-captain Marcus Graves) was lost for the season after undergoing back surgery. Last year, Graves started all 31 games while averaging 13.9 points, 3.7 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 35.1 minutes per game.
• There will not be a video stream for Tuesday's game.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on KTKZ 1380 AM The Answer with 21st-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Fans outside the Sacramento area can listen to all games via www.hornetsports.com.
• Video streams will be provided for all games inside the Nest via Pluto TV and www.WatchBigSky.com. All road games played in a Big Sky venue will also be video streamed.
• Links for all multimedia options can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's complete set of game notes, please click here.
January 12, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO HOST MONTANA STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS DAY
January 11, 2018 MONTANA USES BIG SECOND HALF TO BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL, 78-66
January 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK IN THE NEST ON THURSDAY VS. MONTANA AT 7 P.M.
January 3, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS FIRST BIG SKY ROAD GAME THURSDAY AT IDAHO
January 2, 2018 STRINGS RECEIVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK ACCOLADES
January 1, 2018 STRINGS NAMED THE NATIONAL MID-MAJOR PLAYER OF THE WEEK
December 29, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY AT HOME SATURDAY VS. PORTLAND STATE
December 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT HOME TO UC SANTA BARBARA, 82-72
December 22, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS UC SANTA BARBARA ON SATURDAY IN FINAL NON-LEAGUE GAME
December 21, 2017 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS TO PORTLAND, 80-75, IN GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP
December 20, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS PLAYS PORTLAND AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER ON THURSDAY AT 5:30 PM
December 18, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY VS. CSUN
December 9, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT BOISE STATE
December 3, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL TO PLAY SAINT MARY'S ON THE ROAD MONDAY NIGHT
November 24, 2017 BACK AND FORTH GAME GOES FULLERTON’S WAY IN 68-63 WIN OVER MEN’S HOOPS
November 23, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS FIRST ROUND WOODEN LEGACY GAME TO SAN DIEGO STATE
November 21, 2017 UC DAVIS USES LATE RUN TO EVENTUALLY BEAT MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 20, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL PLAYS UC DAVIS ON TUESDAY AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 16, 2017 MEN'S BASKETBALL BACK ON THE ROAD FRIDAY NIGHT AT SAN FRANCISCO
November 8, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL SIGNS DAMIEN HIGH SCHOOL GUARD ELIJAH McCULLOUGH
November 7, 2017 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS REGULAR SEASON FRIDAY AT COLORADO STATE
October 23, 2017 GRAVES OUT FOR THE SEASON WITH INJURY
October 17, 2017 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2017-18 SCHEDULE
September 18, 2017 BOISE’S CENTURYLINK ARENA TO HOST BIG SKY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT FROM 2019-22
August 24, 2017 HORNSBY SIGNS CONTRACT TO PLAY PROFESSIONALLY IN GERMANY