MEN'S HOOPS SEEKS 6TH STRAIGHT HOME WIN THURSDAY VS. NORTH DAKOTA
Sacramento State Game Notes - pdf
North Dakota Game Notes
Big Sky Conference standings
Winners of five of the last six games, Sacramento State (11-12, 7-7) returns home to host North Dakota (11-13, 8-6) on Thursday…tip-off at The Nest is set for 7:05 p.m…the Hornets are coming off a 72-65 win at Portland State, which snapped a seven-game losing streak when playing the Vikings in Portland…Sacramento State has won five straight conference games at home, including a recent 4-0 homestand…the team's five-game winning streak at home is the best since the 2005-06 squad ripped off seven straight home wins…the Hornets' five-game home winning streak against conference competition is the longest since joining the Big Sky in 1996-97…since dropping its first three conference games of the season, Sacramento State is 7-4 in its last 11 Big Sky contests…the Hornets have moved into a five-way tie for fifth place in the league standings as they try to position themselves for an appearance in the Big Sky Tournament for the first time since the 2005-06 season…the top seven teams in the 11-member league qualify for the Big Sky's postseason event, and only six games are left in the regular season…Sacramento State will play four of those remaining six games at home, where the team is 8-2 this year…the Hornets are outscoring the opposition by more than eight points per game (8.2) at home…the only loss during the Hornets' last six games came on Thursday at Eastern Washington…during that six-game run, Sacramento State is averaging 76.8 points while shooting .502 from the field, .466 from the 3-point line and .781 from the free throw line…North Dakota has won six of its last nine games, including a 74-69 home victory against Montana on Saturday…UND's three road victories in league play are tied for the best mark in the Big Sky)…North Dakota defeated Sacramento State in Grand Forks earlier this year, 82-71, in a game that saw UND go on a 16-8 run over the final 4:10 of the contest…the Hornets are 2-3 all-time against North Dakota, but 2-0 against UND when playing at The Nest…Thursday's contest can be seen live and free in High Definition on WatchBigSky.com…the game can be heard over the airwaves on KTKZ 1380 AM with 17th-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling the action…live stats are available at hornetsports.com.
• The 5-game home winning streak is the longest since the '05-06 team won 7 in a row.
• The team recently completed its first 4-0 homestand since the 1981-82 season.
• The team's five-game home winning streak against Big Sky competition is the longest since joining the league in 1996-97.
• Overall, the Hornets have won five of their last six games, matching the 2005-06 and 2012-13 squads for the best six-game run in the team's Div. I era (1991-pres.).
• The Hornets are one win shy of their high water mark for Big Sky wins (8) since joining the league in 1996-97 (2004-05 and 2012-13 squads also won eight).
• At 11-12, the Hornets have a shot to finish the season with an overall record above the .500 mark for the first time since joining the Div. I ranks in 1991.
• At 7-7, the Hornets have the opportunity to finish with a Big Sky record above .500 for just the second time since joining the league in 1996-97. The 2004-05 squad finished 8-6 in league. The 2003-04 squad owns the high water mark for Big Sky finish (T-2nd).
For Sacramento State's complete set of game notes, click on the link above the story.