SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Casa Roble High School center Eric Stuteville and Tustin High School guard Nick Hornsby, who both signed National Letters of Intent to play at Sacramento State during November's early signing period, each had big senior prep seasons with their respective teams.
Stuteville and Hornsby are among the Hornets' four-player 2013 recruiting class after being joined by Walla Walla Community College guard Case Rada and Irvine Valley College forward Zach Mills, who both signed with the program last week. Click here to see the original story on Stuteville's signing on Nov. 14, and click here to see the original story on Hornsby's signing from Nov. 19. The story on Rada and Mills can be found by clicking here.
Below are highlights from the seniors seasons of both Stuteville and Hornsby.
STUTEVILLE (Senior Season Highlights)
• Named Co-MVP of the Capital Valley League, first team all-league, first team all-Metro, and team MVP.
• Was the team captain for a Casa Roble squad that went 23-9 overall, 8-2 in league, and reached the CIF Div. III State Championships.
• Was the team's leading scorer, leading rebounder and leading shot blocker.
• Finished with averages of 21.7 points and 12.3 rebounds per game while shooting better than 60 percent from the field and .840 from the free throw line.
• Selected to the all-tournament team at all four tournaments Casa Roble participated, and was named the tournament MVP on two of those occasions.
• Broke the Casa Roble High School single-game, and single-season shot blocking records.
• Selected MVP for the North squad after scoring 21 points at the North vs. South Optimist All-Star Game.
• Scored a career-high 41 points in Casa Roble High School's 70-65 overtime win against Del Campo High School.
• Recipient of the Scholar-Athlete Award from the San-Joaquin Section.
HORNSBY (Senior Season Highlights)
• Named first team all-state, co-3AAA Division Player of the Year, co-MVP of the Empire League, and first team all-county.
• It marked the second straight year he was named co-MVP of the Empire League.
• Was team captain for a Tustin squad that reached the second round of the CIF Div. III State Championship, won the CIF Southern Section 3AAA title, and won the Empire League crown.
• In the Southern Section tournament, he had a double-double in the championship game victory over Royal High School, 26 points in the semifinal win over Compton High School, and 21 points in the second round against San Bernardino High School.
• Tustin posted a 31-3 overall record and 12-0 mark in the Empire League.
• The 31 wins were the most in school history, and the section crown was the school's first since 1991.
• Averaged 16.7 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game.
• Scored a game-high 18 points in the Orange County North vs. South All-Star Game.
• Posted 29 points, 13 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks in a league win over Pacifica High School.