SACRAMENTO, Calif. — With less than a week remaining before the start of the 2018 football season, Sacramento State has announced several enhancements to the gameday experience at Hornet Stadium. The Hornets, which have been ranked in multiple preseason top 25 polls, start the year on Saturday, Sept. 1, at 6 p.m.
• The tailgate area will feature an area with DJs from KSFM 102.5 providing music.
• The Hornet marching band is under new leadership and will showcase new music for each game.
• Fans inside Hornet Stadium will now be allowed to bring beer to their seats. An individual must have their ID verified at the designated booth near Gate 2 first. Once that is done, they will receive a wristband which will allow them to purchase from one of two locations in the stadium. Beer sales will conclude at the start of the second half and will be limited to two at a time.
• DJ Giovanni will play in front of the The Swarm student section during the games providing a high-energy environment.
• The Kids Zone returns in the southeast corner (between the ticket office and Broad Athletic Center). Kids can play interactive games or go inside the video game truck for free.
• SactoMoFo will continue to provide several food truck options for all games and University concessions will unveil new menu items beginning with the second home game.
• If you want to listen along to the game, Hornet football has a new home this season. ESPN 1320 AM will serve as the flagship station for Sacramento State football and men's basketball. The pregame show will start at 5:30 p.m. for the home opener.
• Fans that can't make it to Hornet Stadium can watch the game on CW31 which will air all five home games live this season. Sacramento State will also have road games televised by ROOT Sports, Eleven Sports and online at Pluto.TV.
• Several ticket packages are available this season. Season tickets start for as little as $50 and a four-pack which includes four tickets and four meal vouchers to any game can be purchased for $80.
September 18, 2018 FOOTBALL HEADS TO No. 19 MONTANA FOR BIG SKY OPENER ON SATURDAY
September 17, 2018 HOOLIHAN NAMED NATIONAL AND BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK
September 15, 2018 FOOTBALL FIGHTS BACK FOR 28-25 ROAD WIN AT NORTHERN COLORADO
September 8, 2018 FOOTBALL PUSHES SAN DIEGO STATE TO THE LIMIT IN CLOSE LOSS
September 4, 2018 ROAD TEST AGAINST FBS SAN DIEGO STATE UP NEXT FOR FOOTBALL
September 1, 2018 COMPLETE TEAM EFFORT CARRIES FOOTBALL TO 55-7 WIN IN SEASON OPENER
August 30, 2018 MEDEIROS NAMED TO FRED MITCHELL AWARD WATCH LIST
August 28, 2018 FOOTBALL OPENS SEASON AGAINST ST. FRANCIS ON SATURDAY
August 27, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: QUARTERBACKS
August 27, 2018 GAMEDAY ENHANCEMENTS MADE AT HORNET STADIUM FOR FOOTBALL SEASON
August 26, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: DEFENSIVE BACKS
August 25, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: WIDE RECEIVERS
August 24, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: LINEBACKERS
August 23, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: RUNNING BACKS
August 22, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: DEFENSIVE LINE
August 21, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: OFFENSIVE LINE/TIGHT ENDS
August 20, 2018 FOOTBALL POSITION PREVIEW: SPECIALISTS
August 15, 2018 CW31 TO AIR ALL FOOTBALL HOME GAMES IN 2018
August 3, 2018 FOOTBALL HOLDS FIRST FULL-TEAM PRACTICE ON MONDAY
July 15, 2018 SEARS, ANDERSON, RATLIFF TO APPEAR AT BIG SKY KICKOFF