FOOTBALL ADDS MORGAN NEVIN TO MIDYEAR SIGNING CLASS
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento State football team added another member to its 2014 signing class with the addition of linebacker Morgan Nevin, it was officially announced today. Nevin will enroll at the University for the spring semester and will have two seasons of eligbility remaining.
A native of Truckee, Calif., Nevin most recently played two seasons at Santa Barbara City College where he was a two-time first team all-Pacific Conference selection. As a sophomore in 2013, Nevin led the state 15.4 tackles per game. His 139 total tackles included 11.5 for loss and 6.5 sacks. The previous season, Nevin had 118 tackles which placed him third in the state at 11.8 per game. After starring at Truckee HS, Nevin redshirted at SMU in 2011.
Nevin is the fourth midyear commit to join the Hornets. The previous signees were comprised of wide receiver Dominic Coulter, defensive back James Ferraro and offensive lineman Anthony Viveiros.
Wide Receiver | 6-2 | 225 | Jr. | Tustin, Calif. | Tustin HS | Nevada
|• Attended Nevada for three season, redshirting in 2011 before playing in 2012 and 2013.
• Did not record statistics during his time with the Wolf Pack.
• Prepped at Tustin HS where he caught 23 passes for 437 yards and four touchdowns.
High School Head Coach: Myron Miller
Defensive Back | 5-11 | 180 | So. | Fullerton, Calif. | Servite HS | Golden West JC
|• Played one season at Golden West JC in Huntington Beach, Calif.
• Appeared in all 11 games and finished the season with 26 tackles and an interception.
• Returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown at Grossmont JC.
• Named second team all-Southern Conference in 2013.
• Was a second team all-Trinity League selection as a senior at Servite HS.
JC Head Coach: Nick Mitchell | High School Head Coach: Troy Thomas
Linebacker | 6-1 | 230 | Jr. | Truckee, Calif. | Truckee HS | Santa Barbara City JC
|• Named first team all-Pacific Conference in 2012 and 2013. Also earned all-region honors as a freshman.
• Led the state with 15.4 tackles per game as a sophomore. Finished the season with 139 total tackles. That total included 11.5 for loss and 6.5 sacks.
• As a freshman, he ranked third in the state and led Southern California with 11.8 tackles per game. Tallied 118 tackles that season with 15 TFLs and 2.0 sacks.
• Set the SBCC record with 28 tackles against Santa Monica JC.
• Was a two-time team Defensive MVP.
• Redshirted at SMU in 2011.
JC Head Coach: Craig Moropoulos | High School Head Coach: Bob Shaffer
Offensive Line | 6-1 | 275 | Jr. | Castro Valley, Calif. | Castro Valley HS | Laney JC
|• Named first team all-Golden Gate Conference as a sophomore.
• Helped the team an 8-3 overall record and a 3-1 mark in the Golden Gate Conference in 2013.
• Team led the league 252.8 rushing yards per game and allowed just 16 sacks during the year.
• Was the Hayward Area Athletic League Lineman of the Year and first team selection as a senior at Castro Valley HS.
JC Head Coach: John Beam | High School Head Coach: Nic McMaster